From the class blog, I learned that the challenges faced by farmers in less economically developed countries (L.E.D.C.'s). They have to face the shock factors, which are drought, violence, flooding and disease, and other problems. They also don't have enough money and water, so they can't put their children to school and they can't get out of the cycle of poverty, and subsistence farmers can't earn enough money because they need to feed their family so they don't starve and die. Farming and poverty are linked to the development because farmers in LEDC's don't have enough income which means that they can't develop. When they have low income, they can't give their children education and they can only think about the short term goals (basic needs) and can't think about the future. This links to the SLR is to Reason Critically because while playing Third World Farmer, I had to think of what to do, and to either do the short term goals and long therm goals. From the blog, I learned of all the issues worldwide, and a lot of people are suffering worldwide and that it's impossible to get out of the cycle of poverty. Knowing this will affect me in the future because maybe when I am a successful lawyer, I would support an organization that supports farmers from LEDC's and maybe I can help change the world.
picture: http://www.bnguffey.com/show-image/605647/Bill-Guffey/Tenant-Farmer's-Wife.jpg
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment